Dharma Mandir Code of Conducts
DHARMA MANDIR, LONDON, UK
As a Dharma Mandir Volunteer and Congregation Member, I promise to:
Subscribe & Promote
- Uphold the values, aims and objectives of Dharma Mandir and subscribe to its Mission Statement “Uplifting Dharma in a Caring and Sharing Environment”. Promise to behave in such a way as not to bring Dharma Mandir into public disrepute.
- Treat all individuals with a sense of dignity, respect, and worth. Make a personal commitment to be non-judgmental about cultural/social/religious practices and differences, living conditions and the life-style of each person with whom I deal with at Dharma Mandir. Be courteous and polite in all of my actions.
- Avoid profane and abusive language and disruptive behaviour that is dangerous to self and others.
- Abstain from the use of photo, audio or video recording equipment unless given consent.
- Respect all confidential information. Volunteers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all proprietary or privileged information to which they are exposed while serving as a volunteer, whether this information involves a congregation member, a single staff, volunteer, client or other person.
- Not to pressure anyone to accept my social, political, cultural, or religious beliefs or practicesPersonal responsibility
- Be dependable, recognizing the commitment and responsibility to my volunteer assignment.
- Accept assignment consistent with my interest, abilities, and available time.
- Accept assignment with an open mind and a willingness to learn; to share and cooperate with other congregation members.
- Avoid conflict of interest situations and refrain from actions that may be perceived as such. Volunteers should reveal any potential or actual conflicts of interest as they arise.Safety
- Not use, possess, or be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs at any time whilst on the premises of Dharma Mandir. Abstain from all illegal activity
- Wear appropriate clothing either during volunteering activities or during events organised by Dharma Mandir. All items of clothing must be suitable for the Dharma Mandir environment and should not contain offensive or objectionable material.
- Follow safe workplace practices, including participation in applicable education sessions, using appropriate personal safety equipment and reporting accidents, injuries, and unsafe situations.
- Report suspicious activities to the appropriate legal authorities.
- Be a team player. Keep an open mind and value the input and suggestions of my fellow congregation members, volunteers, hosts, co-workers, and colleagues. Come to decisions democratically. Seek consensus.
- Be patient when working on group projects. React with grace when your idea is not the one chosen. Support your project to the best of your ability.
- Collaborate with an open mind and value the contribution (however little) a volunteer, congregation member or colleague makes.
SIGNED BY DHARMA MANDIR BOARD OF TRUSTEES